ROCK SPRINGS, Wyo. (AP) — Investigators say the death of a 47-year-old man whose car caught fire in southwestern Wyoming was an accident.
Michael Lee Tinnie was driving to see a waterfall west of Rock Springs on Feb. 15 when his car got stuck in an area of tall, thick sagebrush that pressed tightly against the driver’s side door. Investigators believe heat from the exhaust system or the catalytic converter sparked the blaze.
Tinnie, of Rock Springs, was the only one in the vehicle. He died of smoke inhalation.
Investigators say alcohol also played a role in his death.