Judge sentences former North Logan man to prison

Kolby J. Falor was booked into the Cache County Jail, Wednesday, June 25, 2014. He was later released, after posting $55,000 in bail. Court records show he is charged with one count of sodomy on a child, a first-degree felony and nine counts of unlawful sexual activity with a minor, all third-degree felonies.

LOGAN — A 24-year-old former North Logan man has been sentenced to prison for sexually abusing a young boy, after family and friends tearfully testified in court Tuesday afternoon.

Kolby J. Falor was given one sentence of three-years-to-life in prison for attempted aggravated sexual abuse of a child, a first-degree felony and three sentences of zero-to-five years in prison for unlawful sexual activity with a minor, all third-degree felonies. Two of the sentences will run concurrently.

Family and friends sobbed and waved goodbye as Falor was taken into custody and escorted out of the 1st District Courtroom.

During sentencing, Judge Kevin Allen said the facts of the case were quite simple, as a grown man, Falor engaged in multiple sexual activities with a boy. He later referred to him as a child molester and said he needs lots of help before the community can trust him again.

Before Judge Allen’s sentence, Falor, his parents, the victim, and his parents all addressed the court.

The victim’s mother and father described how Falor befriended the family as he secretly groomed and started abusing their 10-year-old son. The abuse reportedly continued until the victim was 16 and told his family.

The victim’s father said Falor wove a very intricate web of deceit, including joining the LDS Church and serving a two-year mission while continuing to threaten the victim if he reported the abuse.

The father said the abuse continued when Falor returned home, reportedly over a hundred times while the victim was 15-years-old.

The victim later told the court how he was groomed to thinking Falor was the biggest part of his life. He said he later realized that he did not love him, he loved what he could get from him.

Falor was arrested in June, while living in Provo, after the victim’s family reported the abuse to North Park Police officers. He was booked into the Cache County Jail and later released after posting $55,000 bail.

Before being sentenced, Falor told the court he was not a monster even though his actions would say otherwise.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!