Fire alarm at Mountain Crest High School

LOGAN — Students at Mountain Crest High School in Hyrum were evacuated Thursday morning after a heater malfunctioned, sending smoke into a hallway and triggering fire alarms.

Cache County Sheriff’s Lt. Mike Peterson said students were evacuated from the school for about 30 minutes, while fire crews determined the source of the smoke.

A small heater near an entry door was found to have malfunctioned and there was no other damage.

On Wednesday, Woodruff Elementary School in Logan was evacuated after a heating element in a rooftop heater malfunctioned, producing smoke. The heater was located in the school’s gymnasium.

Students were evacuated from the building during their lunch break and returned after fire crews determined the cause of the smoke.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!