Nibley girl hospitalized for carbon-monoxide poisoning

LOGAN — A nine-year-old Nibley girl was hospitalized Saturday from carbon monoxide poisoning at Hyrum Reservoir.

Cache County Sheriff’s Lt. Mike Peterson said the girl was boating with her family, sitting near the rear of the boat when she became unresponsive.

The boat motor had been running while the ballasts were being filled with water and medical crews believe the girl was exposed to the fumes for approximately 10-to-15 minutes.

Peterson said the girl eventually regained consciousness after being moved away from the motor. Her condition improved while crews were on scene. She was transported to the Cache Valley Hospital for further evaluation.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!