SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Salt Lake City fire says part of the Mormon church’s main office building has been evacuated after an envelope with white powder was found in the facility.
Fire officials say four people who were exposed to the powder are being evaluated at a hospital. They were also put through a decontamination process.
It’s unclear if the powder is toxic.
The 28-story building is where employees with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints work. The envelope was discovered on the third floor.
Fire officials say the department’s hazardous materials crew is planning to remove the envelope from where it was found.