UPDATE: Missing Cache Valley man located in Wendover, issues apology

The search for Chase Clements appears to be over. After not being seen by family or friends since last Wednesday, the 22-year old called a friend late Sunday night from Wendover.

“Chase made contact last night through a friend. He indicated he was in Wendover,” says Nancy Clements, Chase’s mother.

For nearly 14 hours the family did not know Chase’s condition or why he left so abruptly.

Just after 2 p.m. Monday, Chase posted this message on the <a href=”https://www.facebook.com/events/271577102970756/” target=”_blank”>Facebook page</a> dedicated to finding him.

<em>”<span class=”messageBody”><span class=”userContent”>Everything is alright, i am so sorry i made everyone worried it started out as just a drive to get things figured out but i kinda just kept going. It was very selfish but at the same time it was something i was doing for myself that i felt i needed. i learned a lot about myself over the past few days while driving out there and realized i need to make some changes in my life.</span></span></em>

<em><span class=”messageBody”><span class=”userContent”>”I wasn’t very happy with everything going on around me at the time and i needed to find what it was in my life that needed change. I am so sorry to everyone i did not mean for this to escalate to this it was the last thing on my mind again i am very sorry.</span></span></em>”

Chase’s family was able to determine his location by checking his phone account late Sunday evening and found that he had made an outgoing call to a friend that night. The family called the friend to see what he knew. The friend called the family back and confirmed that Chase had, in fact, contacted him and this friend was going to go to Wendover to pick up Chase.

Nancy Clements is thankful to know that Chase is alive. The Clements family is also grateful for the community response in the effort to locate Chase.

“It’s almost overwhelming,” Nancy explains. “We are incredibly thankful. A lot of great people out there have offered their help.”

Monday afternoon the Cache County Sheriff’s Office issued a response to the case. In a press release, t<span class=”messageBody”><span class=”userContent”><span class=”text_exposed_show”>he Cache County Sheriff’s Office stated that they contacted the White Pine Sheriff’s Office in Ely, Nevada. Officials with the White Pine Sheriff’s Office confirmed that Chase had used a credit card and photo ID to check in at a hotel in Ely and checked out on the morning of January 18.</span></span></span>

Chase was contacted by the Cache County Sheriff’s Office on Monday after the family learned that he was in Wendover. The Sheriff’s office said that Chase told them he was doing fine and just went for a drive. There was no indication that a crime had been committed or that he was in any danger. Sheriffs officers advised Chase to contact his family.

“The Cache County Sheriff’s Office does not know why he would not contact his family or law enforcement regarding his whereabouts and well being, but is pleased at the outcome of this investigation,” the Sheriff’s Office statement reads. “The case will now be considered closed for the Cache County Sheriff’s Office.”

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!