Brigham City couple and their kitten survive house fire

Investigators believe either a candle or an electrical outlet plug-in air freshener caused a Brigham City fire that hospitalized two people. According to the Salt Lake Tribune, Brigham City Emergency Service manager Jim Buchanan said Tuesday that an official cause for the fire awaited completion of an ongoing investigation.

The 2:30 p.m. Monday blaze occurred at 133 West 699 North. A man and his wife were transported by ambulance to Brigham City Hospital to be treated for smoke inhalation.

Firefighters also saved a kitten that had also been overcome by smoke by using an oxygen mask. The fire caused an estimated $40,000 to $50,000 in damage to the home and its contents.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!