UPDATE: Home under renovation catches fire in Adams Park neighborhood

Multiple fire units responded to a house fire at 354 East 500 North in the Adams Park neighborhood Tuesday shortly after 7 p.m.

According to Logan City Fire Marshall Craig Humphreys the house was unoccupied but apparently undergoing a renovation in preparation for college students.

“Upon our arrival we were able to make entry,” Humphreys said. “We (made) a primary search. The structure was unoccupied. It was under renovation at the time.”

A small fire was burning in the living room and was quickly extinguished. The fire has been determined to be accidental and originated in the electrical system.

A passerby noticed smoke coming from the attic of the house and called authorities. Because of the fire, officials closed down 500 North between 300 and 400 East for nearly two hours. Approximately 20 firefighters and four engines responded to the fire from Logan, North Logan, Smithfield and Cache County.

Fire damage was isolated to the living room area of the approximately 100 year old home, though there was smoke damage throughout the home as well. There were no injuries and an estimated cost of damage has not yet been released.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!