As June was one of the driest months on record and the weather conditions aren’t letting up, more restrictions are being enacted for the use of fireworks. Providence City is the latest community in the state of Utah to outright ban the use of fireworks within city limits for the entire month of July.
According to Providence City Administrator Scarlett Bankhead, Mayor Ron Liechty received dozens of calls over the weekend regarding the rising fire danger in the area. After consulting with Logan City Fire Marshall Craig Humphries both parties agreed to be cautious and ban fireworks within city limits.
So what about those people who have already purchased fireworks for the 4th and/or 24th of July celebrations?
“I don’t have a good answer for that,” Bankhead said. “I hate to tell them to go somewhere else and push the problem onto someone else.”
Wellsville has also expanded their fireworks restrictions, banning the use of fireworks west of State Road 23. Additionally, the local fire officials and municipalities have declared the following areas to be restricted from fireworks:
<ul> <li>Logan</li> </ul>
1. All properties East of 1600 East and North of Hwy 89.
2. All properties East of 600 East and South of Hwy 89.
3. Any property within 100 feet of undeveloped areas, city-wide. (ie. vacant lots, agriculture fields, any other dry vegetation.)
4. Do not use fireworks when wind is present.
<ul> <li>River Heights
– All areas East of 1000 East.
</li> </ul> <ul> <li>Providence
– All areas in city limits<br />
</li> </ul> <ul> <li>North Logan</li> </ul>
1. All areas East of 1600 East, city-wide.
<ul> <li>Hyde Park</li> </ul>
1. All areas East of 400 East.
1. All areas North of Center Street and East of 200 East.
2. All areas South of Center Street and East of 700 East.
– All areas east of 300 East.
</li> </ul> <ul> <li>Hyrum
– All areas East of 1300 East.
</li> </ul> <ul> <li>Millville
– All areas East of 550 East.
</li> </ul> <ul> <li>Nibley
– All areas East of Hollow Road.
</li> </ul> <ul> <li>Wellsville</li> </ul>
1. All areas West of 200 West.
2. All areas South of 900 South.
3. All areas West of SR 23.
1. All areas East of 100 East
2. All areas West of 300 West.
1. All areas West of 2400 West
2. All areas East of 800 East
<ul> <li>Cache County Unincorporated areas
– Based on the state restrictions fireworks are not allowed in any of the unincorporated areas of Cache County.