A garage in Hyrum went up in flames Saturday morning, but fire crews were able to keep the fire from spreading to the house.A call came in at 7:36 a.m. notified the Hyrum Fire Department that the house’s garage, located at 600 West 6750 South in Hyrum,was fully in flames. Fire Departments from Hyrum, Wellsville, Paradise and Cache County reported to the fire and were able to contain the fire to the garage, which was fully in flames by the time emergency crews arrived.The fire was started by an electrical outlet. Damage is estimated at $40,000, according to a press release. A large freezer, gardening equipment and two tractors were in the garage.
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!