The Logan City Fire Department with automatic aid from North Logan and the Cache County Fire District responded to a barn fire at 1950 South Highway 89/91 in Logan. The call came in just before 2:30 p.m.According to a press release, the first units arrived on scene reporting that a barn was fully engulfed in flames. Units on scene obtained a water source and quickly contained the fire to the barn. No other structures were threatened.The barn contained 60 tons of hay. The damage is estimated at $58,400. The cause of the fire was sparked by individuals welding nearby. Crews worked for several hours working to put out the flames and disperse the tons of hay that caught fire. Crews worked into the evening cleaning up the area.
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!