Garage fire spreads to Logan home

An attached garage of a home caught fire Sunday afternoon at 570 West Center in Logan. A prepared statement from Logan Fire Marshal Craig Humphreys states the call came into the dispatch center at approximately 2:13 p.m. When crews from Logan Fire and automatic aid departments arrived there was heavy fire and smoke in the garage, and it had begun to spread into the living area of the home. The fire was under control within 15 minutes but the home suffered smoke damage throughout. Three occupants were home at the time of the fire; one was taken to the hospital as a precaution, due to smoke inhalation. Several pets in the home were found to be safe. Humphreys states the cause of the fire has been determined to be accidental, and was caused by electrical overheating.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!