Candle the cause of Logan house fire

A juvenile playing with a candle appears to be the cause of a house fire in Logan Tuesday evening. Logan Fire Assistant Chief Craig Humphreys says the family arrived home at 775 North 400 East, to find smoke and a small fire in a basement bedroom. They tried to put the fire out with water but the smoke became heavy and they called. Humphreys says the Logan Fire Department, along with automatic aid departments, responded to the residence shortly after the call at 5:35 p.m. When they arrived they found smoke coming from the home. Humphreys says they went inside and were able to quickly extinguish the fire. Damage was confined to the bedroom with light smoke damage to other rooms of the home. No injuries were reported

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!