Fire at nursing& rehab center

Fire crews arrived just after 2 a.m. Thursday morning to a fire call at the Logan Nursing and Rehabilitation Center at 1480 North 400 East. Logan Fire Chief Jeff Peterson says it turned out to be an overheated exhaust fan that charred some nearby insulation. Peterson says an employee heard noises coming from a fan, and shortly thereafter the fire alarm went off. Peterson says by the time crews arrived employees had moved residents into an unaffected area of the building. Peterson applauded the evacuation and said employees acted exactly according to plan making it that much easier for fire crews to do their job. Crews went into the attic and removed the affected insulation and the fan. No other part of the structure was affected. Peterson says it turned out to be a minor problem as compared with what they initially thought they’d face upon arrival. Peterson says crews were finished within 30 minutes and residents were allowed back into their rooms.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!