Jail inmates and civilians suffer carbon monoxide poisoning

Twelve Cache County jail inmates and three civilians were sent to Logan hospitals Thursday afternoon to receive treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning. According to a press release, at approximately 2 p.m. Thursday afternoon inmates and staff working in the kitchen of the jail reported feeling nauseous with headaches. The nurse on duty at the jail responded and had everyone removed from the kitchen. Logan City paramedics responded to the jail and confirmed those affected had been exposed to carbon monoxide. After investigation it was found that a stove burner was not burning fully. The gas was shut off to that burner and since then other inmates have been allowed to commence working in the kitchen. Lt. Matt Bilodeau says the jail was not put on lock down and is currently functioning normally.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!