Teen injured in Clarkston fire

A 17-year old young man was transported to the University of Utah Burn Center Saturday following a gas can explosion in a grain building near Clarkston. Cache County Sheriff Lt. Chad Jensen says the teen, along with three other male juveniles, were camping for the night in the building. They used gas to start a fire, but when they lit the fire, the flame flashed back and caused the gas can to explode. The others were not injured. The victim drove himself by snowmobile to his truck which was parked on the road, and then to his home where family members took him to Logan Regional Hospital. From there he was taken by ambulance to Salt Lake City. The structure, owned by Val Jay Rigby, is accessible only by snowmobile and was allowed to burn. Damage was estimated at $1000.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!