A Brigham City Taco Time fast food restaurant is a total loss after a late night fire consumed the building and collapsed the roof. KUTV is reporting that at around 10 p.m. Monday, several employees were cleaning up the restaurant located at 840 S. Main Street when they smelled smoke. About 25 volunteer firefighters responded and fought the blaze for about three and a half hours until the flames were out. The restaurant was totally destroyed and the roof collapsed inside the building. Authorities say the fire doesn’t appear suspicious and was likely sparked by a furnace that was just turned on when the cold weather hit. Firefighters say they had a hard time putting out the flames because the building had been renovated several times, adding multiple layers to the attic.
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!