Kitchen fire in Wellsville

While fire crews were working on a fire and propane explosion in Paradise Friday morning, an emergency call came from the Maple Rise neighborhood between Wellsville and Mendon. Cache County Fire Chief Rod Hammer says food left on a hot stove caused a kitchen fire. Initial damage estimates were set at $20,000-$30,000. Hammer says Friday morning’s events are a perfect example of the value of the Mutual Automatic Aid Agreement between fire agencies throughout Cache County. He says crews were able to manage both emergencies easily because they are all working in cooperation and automatically responding when a call comes in to a neighborhood community.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!