An official with the Cache County Sheriff’s Office is advising all Cache residents with propane tanks to check their systems for leaks in the wake of Thursday’s explosion at a College Ward home. Dave Bennett, chief deputy in the sheriff’s office, said Thursday’s incident should be a wake-up call for anyone with propane. “It’s getting cold obviously and people really need to check for leaks and things like that and service their tanks,” Bennett said. That’s what happened with the incident at the Sorensen home in College Ward. Technicians from a representative of Lewiston-based Pitcher Sales Farm Machinery were at the home to check the propane lines and tank on Wednesday and, according to Bennett, identified some “very minor leaks” in the lines. “They were told about them and the kid said ‘we’ll take care of them tomorrow,'” Bennett said. “From what we know now, the propane tank did not blow up, but there was some leaks that they were told about the day before from the hose that was going into the house.” The home slowly filled up with gas until it exploded just before 10:30 a.m. Thursday. Bennett said that once a leak is discovered, it’s important to call a certified plumber or technician with a gas company to service the leaks.
Sheriff’s official: Check your propane tanks
Free News Delivery by Email
Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!