Fireplace causes blaze in Paradise home

A Paradise home caught fire Sunday night while the family was enjoying a fire in the fireplace and a problem with the fireplace is suspected as the cause of the fire. Paradise Fire Chief Troy Frederickson is praising the work of firefighters and others who helped bring the fire under control in good time Sunday evening. Members of the Brett Bullock family got out unharmed, and although one firefighter was taken to the hospital, he was treated for over-exertion and then released. Frederickson says the fire started at 8:20 p.m. and took the family by surprise. “They had a fire in their fireplace and had smelt some smoke,” Frederickson says, “and opened the attic access to see if they could see something and that’s when they noticed that they had a fire in their attic.” Firefighters were called and the family got out of the home unharmed. Firefighters from Paradise, Wellsville, Hyrum, North Logan, Mendon and Cache County all responded to help put out the fire. Frederickson says the cause of the fire was a source inside the chimney flow. The fire was contained to the center of the house, mostly in the roof and attic area. Damages have been estimated between $200,000 and $250,000.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!