Search for missing 18-year-old called off

Cache County Sheriff’s officials are suspending the search for the missing 18-year-old woman from Nevada.After 10 days of searching for Andrea Celina Roye in the Northern Utah backcountry, the Cache County Sheriff’s Office, Search and Rescue and Department of Public Safety issued a statement Monday afternoon announcing that the search would be suspended. “The Cache County Sheriff’s Office is very concerned for the welfare of this young lady,” Lt. Matt Bilodeau wrote in the statement. “If we get any other information, we will do everything we can to follow up and hopefully find Ms. Roye.”Roye was last seen in Green Canyon on Aug. 5 and it was reported that she was going to be camping overnight. On Aug. 6, she was reported missing and search officials had some information that Roye would be in the Tony Grove area, but sheriff’s officials said Monday that they were unable to substantiate that information.”We learned on Saturday, August 15th, that the homemade shelter that was found was constructed by a couple of young men who were in that area when we had a rain shower on August 8th,” the sheriff’s statement read. “The only information we have to follow at this point is the fact that she was last seen leaving alone on August 5th. Since then we have had no other information that can be substantiated to follow.”Bilodeau said the case would remain open and his agency would follow any leads that were presented. A press conference is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. Monday where Roye’s mother and brother are expected to ask the public to help continue the search for Roye.

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!