LOGAN – Utah is gearing up for its annual celebration of Pioneer Day, and with that comes a day filled with activities and fireworks.
Cities and communities in Cache Valley and even portions of southern Idaho hold their own festivities every year.
Here is a list of events and celebrations:
Logan City Pioneer Day celebration:
Activities will be happening all day at Willow Park, 450 West 700 South, beginning at 7:30 a.m. to dark.
- 7:30-10 a.m. – Pancake Breakfast
- 7:30 a.m. – Fun run
- 10 a.m. – Food and craft booths
- 12 noon – Parade extending down Center Street, to 500 West, and ending along 700 South
- 10 a.m. to Dark – Contests and entertainment at the Willow Park Stage
- 10 p.m. – Fireworks
Check website for a complete list of events and times.
North Logan City Pioneer celebration:
North Logan City’s annual 24th of July Celebration is also packed with family fun events.
- 7 a.m. – 5k run at Elk Ridge Park
- 10 a.m. – Parade heading north on 1600 East and then west on 2100 North.
- 11 a.m. – Pioneer activities at Mountain View Park
- 5:30 p.m. – Charity BBQ with high stakes Bingo with Bruce at Elk Ridge Park, North End
- 10 p.m. – Fireworks from the south end of Elk Ridge Park
Check their event poster for a complete list of events and times.
Preston City music and fireworks show:
The celebrations end Friday with live music and a fireworks show in Preston. The “Blast From The Past Fireworks Spectacular” gets underway at 6:30 p.m. in the Rodeo Arena in Preston. The event is sponsored by the Preston Rotary Club and will include live music from Patriot Gunslingers. Fireworks will follow the musical program.
Admission to the event is $3 for an individual, $12 for a family pass.