Unattended stove starts mobile home fire

Damage to a Brigham City mobile home fire, Sept. 9. Fire investigators suspect the fire was caused by an unattended stove, which had been left on.

A fire Sunday afternoon damaged a mobile home in Brigham City. The blaze was reported just before 4 p.m. at 1060 South Main Street.

City Fire Marshal Michael Young said when crews arrived on the scene, smoke and flames were coming from the walls and windows of the trailer. There were no occupants inside the home at the time of the fire. However, three dogs died in the blaze.

The fire was extinguished in about 30 minutes and caused around $15,000 in damage.

Young said fire investigators determined the fire was accidental and caused by an unattended stove, which had been left on. There were also no working smoke detectors found in the residence.

Firefighters from Brigham City, Corinne and Willard helped extinguish the blaze. There were no injuries.

Young said residents should never leave an unattended stove-top for any length of time. It is also recommended to have a portable fire extinguisher nearby, and working smoke detectors on all levels of a home.


will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.