Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish a grass fire Thursday afternoon in North Logan. The blaze was reported around 2:30 p.m. near 1290 East 3250 North.
North Logan Fire Marshal Jason Killinen said a homeowner was burning some tree trimmings at the time, and temporarily left it unattended.
“He had walked away from the fire to make a phone call, and looked out the window and noticed the fire had moved into the grass,” he explained.
The homeowner started to try and spray water on the fire while his wife called 911 and reported the blaze.
Firefighters arrived on the scene and were able to put out the fire in 20 minutes without any difficulty.
Killinen advises that with the hot temperatures and dry conditions we are experiencing, be cautious when burning anything.
“Make sure that you have water nearby. Make sure that the fire is of a manageable size and don’t leave it, don’t walk away from the fire.”
The fire was contained to about an acre and did not cause any damage to nearby residences.