Fire in Nibley destroys animal barn and shed

Fire crews were called to a structure fire early Wednesday morning in Nibley that destroyed a small animal barn and nearby shed.

Hyrum City Fire Chief Kevin Maughan said the fire is believed to have started after a heat lamp was left on and close to some flammable materials.

The fire was reported at 1:24 a.m. at 813 W. 2730 South.

Maughan said the animal barn was used to house chickens and rabbits. Both it and the nearby shed that contained lawn and garden equipment were a complete lose. Damage is estimated around $10,000.

Crews were also called out on two other fires earlier in the evening. Both turned out to be controlled burns and didn’t require assistance.

<hr /><p style=”text-align: center;”>will@cvradio.com

Free News Delivery by Email

Would you like to have the day's news stories delivered right to your inbox every evening? Enter your email below to start!